Committee on the Advancement of Student Technology for Learning Enhancement (CASTLE)
The Committee on the Advancement of Student Technology for Learning Enhancement (CASTLE) advises the University President on policies related to the collection, distribution and use of the student technology fee.
The mission of CASTLE is:
• To advise and make recommendations to the President regarding instructional and innovative technology to impact student educational opportunities at Iowa State University.
• To advise the department of Information Technology Services (ITS), on technology priorities for the advancement of educational opportunities and services.
• To advise and make recommendations to the President regarding the assessment, collection, and appropriate expenditure of the University student technology fee.
• To execute the policies and administrative responsibilities assigned to CASTLE by the President
CASTLE meets monthly to consider submitted proposals.
CASTLE Meeting Schedule –
September 30, 2021
October 21, 2021
November 18, 2021
CASTLE Meeting Minutes
Faculty and staff are selected to represent each college, Information Technology Services (ITS), and Parks Library.
Students are selected to represent each college, Student Government and the Graduate and Professional Student Senate (GPSS).
|Name||Role||Representation||Start Term||End Term|
|Swanson, Brent||Chair||At-large Chairperson||01 Sep 2009||31 May 2022|
|Callaway, Lewis||Member||Student - Engineering||01 Nov 2021||31 May 2022|
|Conn, Jacob||Member||Student Government||01 Sep 2020||31 May 2022|
|Cosgrove, Kathryn||Member||Student - Business||01 Sep 2021||31 May 2022|
|Franke, Warren||Member||Faculty - Human Sciences||01 Sep 2018||31 May 2022|
|Hallam, Arne||Member||Faculty - Liberal Arts & Sciences||01 Sep 2010||31 May 2022|
|Hebert, Kurt||Member||Faculty - Engineering||01 Dec 2019||31 May 2022|
|Johnson, Carrie Ann||Member||GPSS||01 Sep 2021||31 May 2022|
|Lundstrum, Julia||Member||Student - Liberal Arts & Sciences||01 Mar 2021||31 May 2022|
|Morton, Mark||Member||Faculty - Veterinary Medicine||01 Sep 2021||31 May 2022|
|Naranjo, Stefany||Member||Student - Agriculture and Life Sciences||01 Sep 2020||31 May 2022|
|Park, Young-Woong||Member||Faculty - Business||01 Sep 2021||31 May 2022|
|Popelka, David||Member||Staff - IT Services||01 Sep 2016||31 May 2022|
|Smith, Lisa||Member||Staff - Library||01 Sep 2017||31 May 2022|
|Vens, Todd||Member||Staff - Agriculture and Life Sciences||01 Sep 2020||31 May 2022|
|Versteeg, Mitch||Member||Staff - Design||01 Sep 2020||31 May 2022|
|Anderson, Gretchen||Ex-officio||Staff - Center for Excellence in Learning & Teaching||01 Sep 2019||31 May 2022|
|Cai, Ying||Ex-officio||Staff||01 Sep 2021||31 May 2022|
|Constant, Kristen||Ex-officio||Chief Information Officer||01 Dec 2017||31 May 2022|
|Kirts, Julie||Ex-officio||Staff - IT Services||01 Sep 2021||31 May 2022|
|Mitchell, Sara||Ex-officio||Staff - IT Services||01 Sep 2021||31 May 2022|
- At-large Chairperson (1)
- Chief Information Officer (1)
- Faculty - Engineering (1)
- Faculty - Human Sciences (1)
- Faculty - Liberal Arts & Sciences (1)
- Faculty - Veterinary Medicine (1)
- GPSS (1)
- Staff (1)
- Staff - Agriculture and Life Sciences (1)
- Staff - Center for Excellence in Learning & Teaching (1)
- Staff - Design (1)
- Staff - IT Services (1)
- Staff - Library (2)
- Student - Agriculture and Life Sciences (1)
- Student - Business (1)
- Student - Design (1)
- Student - Human Sciences (1)
- Student - Liberal Arts & Sciences (1)
- Student - Veterinary Medicine (1)
- Student Government (1)