Trademark Advisory Committee (TAC)
Iowa State University (ISU) has delegated the management of its trademarks to the Trademark Licensing Office. The Trademark Advisory Committee (TAC) has been established to advise and support the Trademark Licensing Office in the administration and management of ISU’s trademarks. The TAC includes a broad representation of university stakeholders each of whom brings a different perspective to the table and shares a passion for ISU. The purpose of the TAC is to promote, enhance, and protect ISU’s identity and brand through the review, support and interpretation of ISU’s trademark policy and supporting guidelines.
Specific TAC responsibilities include:
1. Supporting campus communications strategies concerning ISU trademark management, including guidance on developing and implementing policies and guidelines to promote, support and protect ISU trademarks and their internal and external use.
2. Disseminating information to the ISU community concerning issues of relevance to its trademarks and its impact on ISU’s trademark policy and guidelines.
3. Supporting ISU’s Trademark Licensing Office by reviewing the use of ISU trademarks for commercial and non-commercial purposes upon request.
4. Reviewing graphic concepts and samples of product type and quality, artwork and/or usage of university name and mark upon request.
5. Working with and receiving guidance from ISU’s licensing agent as coordinated by the Trademark Licensing Office to ensure a balance of protection and promotion of the ISU brand both internally and externally.
6. Reviewing existing or proposed trademarks in accordance with ISU trademark policy and applicable guidelines and provide recommendations upon request.
7. Supporting ISU stakeholders in protection of ISU marks and recommending enforcement activities as needed to ensure the authorized use of ISU marks.
8. Responding to appeals from ISU faculty, staff, students, and administrators regarding trademark-related concerns as needed.
|Zimmerman, Leesha||Chair||Trademark Licensing Office / General Counsel||01 Jul 2007|
|Kester, Darci||Secretary||Trademark Licensing Office / General Counsel||01 Jul 2007|
|Custer, Carole||Member||University Marketing||01 Jul 2007|
|Day, Timothy||Member||Faculty Senate||01 Jun 2018|
|Foote, Shannon||Member||Alumni Association||01 Jun 2018|
|Harms, Cory||Member||Procurement Services||01 Jun 2018|
|Heasley, Noah||Member||Student Government||01 Jun 2019|
|Kline, Nicholas||Member||Student Government||01 Jun 2019|
|Laurich, Matt||Member||Professional & Scientific Council||01 Jun 2018|
|Malchow, Steve||Member||Athletics Department||01 Jul 2007|
|Merrill, Kevin||Member||Student Activities Center||11 Apr 2019|
|Mohr, Dustin||Member||Procurement Services||01 Jun 2018|
|Perk, Lauryn||Member||Student Government||01 Jun 2019|
|Raju, Sekar||Member||Senior Vice President & Provost||01 Jun 2018|
|Rosacker, Erin||Member||Strategic Relations and Communications||23 Jul 2019|
|Thole, Nathan||Member||Finance Division or University Services||13 Nov 2018|
|Witte, Jennifer||Member - Substitute||Alumni Association||01 Jan 2020|
|Biederman, Barbara||Ex-officio (non-voting)||General Counsel||01 Jun 2018|
|Norton, Michael||Ex-officio (non-voting)||General Counsel||01 Jun 2018|
- Alumni Association (1)
- Athletics Department (1)
- Faculty Senate (1)
- Finance Division or University Services (1)
- General Counsel (2)
- Procurement Services (1)
- Professional & Scientific Council (1)
- Senior Vice President & Provost (1)
- Strategic Relations and Communications (1)
- Student Activities Center (1)
- Student Government (1)
- Trademark Licensing Office / General Counsel (2)
- Trademark Licensing Office/University Counsel (2)
- University Marketing (1)
- University Relations (1)