CELT Advisory Board
The responsibilities for each member of the CELT (Center for Excellence in Learning & Teaching) Advisory Board include—
- Advocacy for teaching and learning at ISU
- Review of Miller Faculty Fellowship applications
- Serving as a college liaison
- Promoting the scholarship of teaching and learning
- Publicizing teaching related events and professional development opportunities
- Working directly with faculty concerning teaching and learning
- Serving on ad hoc committees as needed (e.g., grants, awards, service-learning)
Nominations for Board membership are solicited annually from CELT staff members, the Associate Deans of the colleges, and current Board members. Faculty members who win awards for teaching excellence are also a source for nominations.
The current term for each college representative and for the at-large and lecture/clinician members is three years with a rotation each academic year of three new members on and three members off. In cases when Board members cannot fulfill their term, nominations will be forwarded to the Office of the Senior Vice President and Provost to fill unexpired terms.
The Board will have two formal meetings per semester and one additional meeting in the spring semester to discuss Miller proposals. One additional meeting each semester will be dedicated to discussion of a particular teaching and learning issue. Thus, a total of seven meetings are held during the academic year.
|See link(s), below|
- See link(s) in Resources section below (1)